Sunday, September 1, 2013

How to find the Terminal in Zorin OS?

First of all, I must say that Zorin OS is a Linux distribution based on the popular Ubuntu, so, it works very similar like its "parent". When I have problems with Zorin OS I turn to the Ubuntu and Linux Mint community for suport and advices. (Linux Mint is a "cousin" of Zorin OS, very popular among Linux users.)

As a new Linux user, the first thing I was confronted with (after successfully installing a linux distro) was the question: "What the hell is the Terminal and where am I suppose to find it?". At that time, I was exploring Ubuntu Quantal Quetzal, so, the answer was a little more complex due to the hated Unity Desktop Environment, but now I am using Zorin OS and things are, in my opinion, much easier.

So, what is the Terminal in Linux and how or why to use it? I think that the information about Using Terminal in Ubuntu, given by Distrogeeks.com is more accurate that what I could ever hope to write.

How to open the Terminal in Zorin OS?

There are two ways:

1. Simultaneously press the combination of keys:  Ctrl + Alt + 4  

2. Follow the path with the cursor: Start - All Applications - Accessories - Terminal


Here is how it looks the Terminal in my Zorin OS desktop :)

Terminal in Zorin OS
Default look of the Terminal in Zorin OS





3 comments:

  1. Help me. My Terminal has disappeared from Accessories. I upgraded VitualBox from 4.3 to 5.0 now Terminal has gone. I am trying to run WinXP as a guest. It was OK under VBox 4.3 but I could not use a joystick, so I tried updating. Help, I am, a very new Zorin 9 user

    ReplyDelete
  2. boton derecho del raton sobre la pantalla y aparece abrir terninmal

    ReplyDelete

Hello!
You are welcome to share your thoughts.
Please, keep in mind that a polite tone is best for real communication.

Christmas Bell